“Heart Smart” guidelines; Given the heart’s many essential functions, it seems wise to take care of it. Yet heart disease has risen steadily over the last century, especially in developed countries, due largely to improper diet and poor lifestyle choices . Heart disease has become the leading cause of death for both men and women in the United States, claiming almost 700,000 lives a year. Worldwide, 7.2 million people die from heart disease every year.
Be good to your heart and your brain will thank you for it. The heart pumps 20 percent of your blood to your brain, and if your heart isn’t pumping at full capacity, your brain isn’t receiving the nutrients and oxygen it needs.
Follow these simple “Heart Smart” steps to keep your heart pumping at full capacity:
Manage blood pressure, weight and blood sugar by adapting a long-term lifestyle commitment of eating a balanced diet that is low in fat and loaded with fruits and vegetables. Along with a healthy diet adopt a heart-smart exercise program that you enjoy.
Exercise is important in maintaining a strong heart and also helps you in obtaining a desired weight. Aim for 30 minutes a day, five day a week. Cardio exercise keeps your heart pumping and has some additional benefits, you’ll also be building strength and toning your body as well as your core muscles.
Many forms of heart disease can be prevented or treated with healthy lifestyle choices. Start your “Heart Smart” plan today by following these useful tips!
- Adopt a healthy diet.
- Sleep is good for your brain and heart, try to get a full 8 hrs a night.
- Start a structured cardio exercise program.
- Eat healthy for your heart.
- Drink water for a healthy body.smart -heart
- Take a break…Read a book, practice yoga or just chill for 30 minutes a day.
- And If you smoke, it is never too late to stop! Talk with your doctor about ways to kick the habit, any addiction is NOT good…be in control NOT controlled.
- There is no elevator to success…you have to take the stairs.
- Choose to see the GOOD stuff.
- Work hard be patience…and the rest will follow.
Stay Positive give up…giving up!
For more info on adopting a healthy diet, you may want to read more at http://quickweightloss.com/attain-healthier-weight/