Exercise Creates Energy
Seriously, you have to: “Get Up Offa That Thang” because exercise creates energy, a sedentary (inactive) lifestyle puts folks in the top risk factor for heart disease.
Condition yourself by starting with a walking routine, walking is one of the easiest forms of exercise and will get you ready for other forms of exercise. Even though walking is beneficial at any speed, brisk walking is better than slow walking for weight control and pumping oxygen into your lungs, so pump it up!
Consider this; “In general, exercise by itself is pretty useless for weight loss,” says Eric Ravussin, a professor at the Pennington Biomedical Research Center in Baton Rouge, La. However, exercise combined with a healthy diet can do wonders for your mind, body and health.
But the good news is… It’s a risk factor that you can do something about! Regular exercise creates energy, especially aerobic, can “Turn the Beat Around!” So what’s your sport of choice? Any moving activity such as walking, bike riding, shooting hoops, house dancing, stair stepping, etc… for 20-30 minutes (non-stop) 3- 4 x per week does the trick:
- Strengthens your heart – to pump more blood…which
- Improves your circulation- to oxygenate your body…which
- Increases energy levels so you can do more activities…which
- Helps reduce stress, tension, anxiety and depression…which
- Makes you feel more relaxed and rested…which
- Lowers your blood pressure…
- Which improves your heart failure symptoms…which
- Improves balance and joint flexibility…which
- Improves muscle tone and strength…which
- Help reduce body fat and help you reach a healthy weight…which
- Boosts self-image and self-esteem…which
- Makes you look fit and feel healthier
A word of advice: Start off easy and Stretch…S t r e t c h…S t r e t c h…It’s Your Duty!