Importance of Eating Breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so the importance of eating breakfast can not be said enough, your body needs to be refueled after hours of running on stored nutrients. So to get the full benefits of eating breakfast,the Mayo Clinic Diet recommends having a meal with the right carbohydrates, protein and a small amount of fat. Since no single food will give you all of the nutrients you need, eating a variety of foods is essential for good health.
The unhealthy results of skipping breakfast are the same for adults and children; less get-up-and -go, poor attention span, a more likelihood of being overweight and developing acquired diseases such as diabetes and heart disease. Try these pointers to jump start your morning and to pump up that energy level throughout the day;
- You need fuel to help you get through the morning, good nutrition is a key to performance, so start your day out by eating foods that will help you to be energized and focused. Your body has gone without food for approximately10 hours, so you need to jump start your body by recharging and getting you geared for the challenges of the day.
- Proven fact, hunger causes undesirable distractions, such as appearing not quite with it and distracted. If you don’t have time for breakfast, at least grab an energy bar or smoothie for the morning commute.
- Now folks, eating breakfast doesn’t mean grabbing a drive-through sugar filled crash and burn doughnut and coffee. Sugar demands more sugar, so you are asking for trouble and will be looking for a picker upper by 10 o’clock. If you’re in a rush grab a banana and a healthier breakfast bar.
- When you are down and out, feeling tired and those hunger pangs are coming on, grab an big juicy apple and get back on track. Listen to that old adage “An apple a day…will keep the doctor away”.
- Kids are like sponges when it comes to do- as- they -see -other- do, so breakfast up yourself and your family. What a way to begin your day kids and food equals joy!
- A study in the International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition showed that people who had the habit of eating breakfast cereal every day reported feeling better both physically and mentally. Just make sure your favorite cereal is filled with good nutrients, not loaded with sugar and preservatives!
Reference; Mayo Clinic Diet, International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition.