“Best Healthy Snacks”
It’s mid-afternoon and you’re starving. You’re in the midst of a snack attack that won’t quit, but you don’t want to ruin your dinner. What do you do?…Have a healthy snack!
First off, if the voice in your head is telling you that snacking is bad, ignore it. Contrary to popular belief, snacking can actually be good for you when it’s part of a balanced diet.
Secondly, you should choose a snack that’s low in calories and fat, and high in fiber, proteins, vitamins and minerals. This means that if you’re addicted to popular snack foods, like chips, doughnuts and ice cream, you’ll need to make more nutritious choices.
- Instead of a cup of ice cream, go for a cup of frozen grapes.
- Instead of candy, grab a handful of roasted almonds.
- Instead of potato chips, try roasted kale chips.
- Instead of cheese-covered nachos, opt for toasted pita and salsa.
- Instead of a donuts, whip up some fun to eat fresh fruit kabobs.
- Instead of the “movie theater drenching in butter” popcorn go all-natural.
So, if during the course of a week, you traded one old fashion cake donut for this healthy snacks two fresh fruit kabobs, you would save 1610 calories, 22 grams of fat and 5 mg of cholesterol. And if you were interested in losing weight, this one change, could get you well on your way.
While choosing a healthy snack may seem like a no-brainer, if you’re addicted to salt and sugar, this can be hard to do. To make the switch fun and manageable, treat yourself to a shopping spree at your local supermarket to pick up some healthy snack foods that you like.
Finally, stock your house, office, car, and purse with your snack bags that are filled with healthy snacks, so you can eat well in a pinch.